It was a boring party, staying in a room full of strangers who seem to know each other more or less. Meanwhile, I was newly hired from a local newspaper and my direct boss was the only one that I am aware of. However, this is a well-known journalism award and it could be good for my career, my mentor said therefore against my will I decided to come. While people were busy talking, chatting, and laughing, talking about “cases” or new legislations that I had never heard of before, I grabbed a cup of white wine and sneaked into an empty room, constantly looked at my watch to wait for time to go home. It was a mistake to join this event. Suddenly, a strange voice came next to me “Tired right? Party is not my cup of tea as well”. I looked at my left hand, there was sitting Marion Browne – the famous writer that I always wished to see in person.

Comments